Monday, February 13, 2012

Missing Something

Today I just have the strangest feeling. I feel like I'm missing half my life. I look at other kids my age. They have funny memories, friend's stories, laughable mistakes, cool stunts that went wrong, some place they used to hang out with friends. I'm 18, and don't have any of that. Yea, I'm still young but, do I get to have that, or am I supposed to act like I'm 30 years old forever?
I feel like I lack history, depth, and memories. I guess, in a way, that's what I've been looking for these past few months. An outlet for my youthful outpouring of energy and zest for life.
Maybe that's why the military has such a draw, making my own memories with people my age, who are just like me. Having good times, and clean fun, sticking together when the going is real tough. Semper Fi attraction. Maybe I will sign up, maybe not....I guess I'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers