Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Buck

I finally got a new foster dog. I wasn't exactly wanting one at the moment...ok, I lied, was, but Dad wasn't. I was going to wait a few days after Dad got home to even suggest it...but God stepped in a said different. The Saturday before Dad got home the president of FAWS called me and said she was in a dilemma. She had been pursuing an abandon case for four months, had finally gotten custody of the dogs, and needed a place to put the little male. She was taking the two females to her house, (where she already had a few other un-altered females) so she asked if I would mind taking Buck. I said I wouldn't mind and we set it all up for the following day. I finally got my little boy that I've been wanting and boy, is this going to be interesting!
Buck is about 10 years old, or older. He has a few front teeth missing, and a few gray hairs throughout his coat. He's a beagle mix, probably mixed with pit terrier. He shivers like a leaf when you come near him, and though he doesn't run away from me, he runs like lightning when anyone else comes near! He's such a sweetheart but he needs a lot of socializing and tons of human interaction! Surprisingly he does very well inside, he doesn't shake nearly as much as he does when he's outside. He enjoys sitting on the couch next to me, but we still have a long way to go! He holds it all night in his cage, and so far all he does is sleep! We shouldn't have a problem finding him a good home after he comes out of his shell.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers