Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Garden Project

Lately I've been having a real gardening spurt. I just want to plant pretty flowers and gardens everywhere! I guess it's more of a girly spurt than a "gardening spurt". Either way, here is my garden.
Phase 1

This is the first picture. It's going to be kind of like an octagon, except with six instead of eight whatever that would be called! I'm going to plant some winter bulbs and in the middle place a bird bath and hummingbird feeder.
It took forever!!!, to scrape the grass off! Now, I have to level it and finish cutting the timbers. There is another layer of timbers, so it's stacked two high, then I have to place a tarp, and then about a foot of dirt.


The Finished Product 


Okay, so it's been like a six month process getting this garden into shape. I  ended up having to plant the bulbs in pots so they wouldn't go bad or whatever. We had the frame in place and half of the dirt inside of it when we got the coonhound puppies, who, by the way, thought it was the coolest sandbox ever! Needless to say I had to wait a while in order to plant my bulbs in the garden. 
Today, finally, we planted the bulbs and then put fencing around the garden (only temporarily) so Joey doesn't eat them! I still don't have a bird bath or hummingbird feeder, but those are coming! There's this awkward empty middle space in the picture that you'll see, that's where the bird bath will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers