Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Another Friend!

Well, yesterday was rather interesting.....why do my posts always start like this....

I was busy doing...well...the normal stuff, which ...isn't much of anything actually. The dogs started going nuts, barking, growling, the whole theatrical works. I looked outside and saw this horribly emaciated puppy! So, cue heart racing, adrenaline pumping madness. I race outside, and in my excitement...scare the poor thing off. Dumb, dumb. I didn't think he was going to come back, but he did, and several times. (I scared him off a few times in my enthusiasm) He was adamant that he was going to find a way to be cared for...just...without me touching him! Or ...so he thought. So...I devised my plan...set everything in motion..and waited.....very impatiently.
Puppy falls for trap, Kathryn runs madly outside, traps puppy for good, and Kathryn performs victory dance!!!
Yea, okay, I'm weird. I thought I was going to puke I was so relieved and excited. It was a Beagle, or Beagle mix, it looked on the older side, but no more than about 8 years old. Skin and bones, and ravenously hungry! After many hours I was able to finally get close enough to read the tag on his collar, get the number off, and call. Success! They wanted the dog back. We met them with, of all names"Charlie", at the Valero in town. I wasn't too pleased with how he handled the dog, but I did my duty...the rest was up to God. I still have those, "I should have..." "I could have..." shoulda, woulda, coulda, wanna, terrible words. Bad, bad, bad, bad. All such words get you in trouble when you think too much on them. So, I try my hardest not to.
Anyway, here are some pictures of Charlie....



 Okay, granted they aren't the best, but I couldn't let him out....I had a hard enough time trying to catch him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers