Friday, December 30, 2011

Payton Adopted!

Well, Little Payton was adopted last night. I'm starting to like these adoptions, at least her kind, where the people come and see the dog, and already know they want the dog....everything goes quick and painlessly. Maybe it's the "shock" of the dog simply leaving and me not having time to really dwell on the fact that they will no longer be around. Who knows?

I do know this...as adorable as the puppies were....they were a ton of work, and though most litters aren't quite as dragged out as this one was... I don't think I want another litter for a good little while. Not having to clean a poopy cage this morning was wonderful...and somehow...I actually got my morning chores done faster than normal. Mom said it was because Payton wasn't underfoot, and Miley was less riled up since Payton is gone. Whatever the reason, I did enjoy not having to take care of her..though I know I will miss her to some degree.
However, with Benji being so ill, I haven't really fooled with any of the other animals for several weeks. I've been doing just the bare minimum so I can keep a close eye on him. So I wasn't really very close to Payton like I was with Bella and Roxy.

Anyhow, Payton's adopters were very nice, two younger guys, the actual adopter was very familiar with large breed dogs, and he wanted an active playful dog. It was so funny because when he held her up they just looked so much alike!

No happy tails photo~ sorry.....My camera is broke!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers